The Menace of Ritual Killers
It is a bad practice that has refused to go. You certainly must have heard of one or more cases of people ( young or old) who left their houses for a journey and they never returned, nor got to where they were going. The agony of parents, spouses or siblings whose loved ones simply disappeared from the face of the earth or whose corpses are recovered mutilated. Then there are the stories of those who were fortunate enough to escape and the gory tales of wickedness they tell, how human beings mercilessly slaughter other human beings to make rituals for money and for power. It is wicked; it is old and has refused to go.
The police, unfortunately, are largely incapacitated. On the one hand, majority of cases remain unsolved incidents as victims are never found. Those who are found are either dead – and the dead tells no tales; or when alive, are usually hypnotized, very confused and so traumatized that they are unable to trace their way back to locate or identify the place of their captivity.
Ritual murders are a cultural and spiritual problem which requires the attention of praying people. Christians must take up the challenge. The menace of spiritual killers is a spiritual one and the responsibility for curtailing this rests on you, as people of God, to assume responsibility for your loved ones and for your locality. Now that we are about entering an election year, there will likely be a spike in incidents of ritual murders. We simply cannot allow this to continue. David prayed: “Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end” (Psa 7:9). Who is the next victim? God is looking for people to stand in the gap. May you be one of them.
What can you do?
The responsibility of the saint in situations like this is aptly stated in the Psalm 149: “Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD” (Psa 149:5-9). Beloved, there is a judgment written against wickedness in the Word of God. It is the responsibility of the Saints to enforce it ? in prayer as it is written: we wrestle not against flesh and blood.
Brother and Sister, will you pray? The next victim your prayers will save may be YOU. Let us share a few daily prayer points with you, and please share this with friends and church members:
- For justice for those who have been killed:
- Pray that the cry of their blood will ascend to God for Justice, like the blood of Abel, unto God and that God will avenge them.
- For those in Captivity: “Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.” (Isa 49:24-25)?
- God, let the captivity of the captives come to an end in Jesus Name
- Against the workers of iniquity:
- “O Lord, Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.” (Psa 10:15)
- Father, let their right hand forget their skills today. May they make stupid mistakes that will expose them to the world.
- After the order of Cain : “Let them be cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive [human] blood from their hand; When they till the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto them her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shall they be in the earth.” (Gen 4:11-12)
- Pray for your people and yourself:
- Cover your family members with the blood of Jesus and decree they shall not be victims of kidnappers and ritual killers
- Decree: The rod of the wicked shall not lie upon the lot of the righteous (Ps 125:3).
- My children shall dwell in peace, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid. Ezekiel 34:28
- Pray for your community:
- O Lord, make a covenant of peace with our Land, and cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land. (Eze 34:25)
- O Lord, strengthen the bar of our gates and let there be peace within our borders in Jesus name. (Ps 147:13-14)
- Pray for the patrons and practitioners of the evil trade in the souls and flesh of fellow human beings:
- Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD! Yet he also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back his words: but will arise against the house of the evildoers, and against the help of them that work iniquity. Now the Egyptians are men, and not God; and their horses flesh, and not spirit. When the LORD shall stretch out his hand, both he that helps shall fall, and he that is helped shall fall down, and they all shall fail together. (Isa 31:1-3) Amen.
“I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence…”(Isa 62:6)